I suggest you ...

Move (or add) the project selection dropdown to the top of the navigation menu

Currently, the dropdown list to select a project is only displayed at the top of a project's dashboard. This means that if I'm looking at a specific error in a project, and I want to switch to a different project, I first need to select the "dashboard" for the current project, then select from the project dropdown that is only shown on a project's dashboard.

Would you please consider either moving this selection dropdown (or adding an additional dropdown) to the top of the left-side navigation menu (above the "Dashboard" link and below the username/edit-profile block? This way, the project-selection dropdown would always be visible.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Philip shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We show it everywhere it makes contextual sense. Like we show it on the new / frequent / dashboard and stack pages. We don’t show it on error occurrence page but it could be argued that it should be there. You can switch the project on any page (freq/new) to switch to that specific project.

If we moved this there then what would you do with the date range filter?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you showed the same project selection navigation/toolbar at the top of the error occurrence page (probably with the show/hide toolbar section not displayed) as at the top of the "most recent" or "most frequent" pages, that would work fine. It might make sense to also hide the date range filter tool on the error occurrence page as well.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base