I suggest you ...

Add more information to the no-errors daily summary email

If there have been no recent errors, the daily summary email for a project doesn't state much more than "The project was exceptionless!".

It would be helpful if this "no-errors" email included a little more information, such as perhaps the most recent error and how many days ago it was; or the counts of exceptions for the past 30 days.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Philip shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ll bring this up with the team and see what we can do. I do see us changing the name of the emails to be smarter and maybe showing the last two errors. However, if you get into deep analytics it could tax the system just for sending out a daily summary..

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the subject for the daily summary email in either case (errors or no errors for the 24-hour period) is the same: "[Project name] Summary for mm/dd/yyyy".

Would you consider using subject lines that differentiate error/no-error summary emails, such as:
        - [Project name] No errors - summary for mm/dd/yyyy
        - [Project name] 2 errors - summary for mm/dd/yyyy

Or, if you prefer:
        - [Project name] is Exceptionless - summary for mm/dd/yyyy
        - [Project name] had 2 Exceptions - summary for mm/dd/yyyy

• Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similarly, for the daily summary email when there are errors, perhaps the most recent error type (or the most recent 2 or 3) could be included in the message.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base