I suggest you ...

Add custom project rules / triggers

It would be nice to be able to add custom rules for projects to say things like:

When an error occurs that has its user agent set to "spider" then discard the error.
When a new error occurs call this webhook.
When an error regresses send a text message to this number.
When an error happens with "order" in its URL then mark it as critical.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminExceptionless Support (Admin, Exceptionless) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminExceptionless Support (Admin, Exceptionless) responded  · 

We have implemented support for web hooks and Zapier. Zapier is a service that allows you to integrate with over 200 services in a very easy manor. We would still like to have the ability to have custom rules on our end that allow you to do things like discard or mark as critical though.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminExceptionless Support (Admin, Exceptionless) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not something that is immediately planned. We definitely want to get it implemented, but we have other things that we need to work on first. However, there are other ways to handle this problem now if you are willing to make changes in your code. If you take a look at this page:

http://docs.exceptionless.com/contents/sendingerrors/

There is a sample that shows how you can listen to unhandled exceptions and then discard them based on whatever logic you come up with. Does that help?

• Vadim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any information when this feature will be available? We very lack this functionality. We have some exception with specific data in Exception.Data that spams out exceptionless, due to misconfiguration of our clients. We really would like to discard them.

• Eric Burcham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea. Actually, I think this is several great ideas. In particular, the text message makes me think of monitoring and escalation plans, which I think deserves a separate suggestion. I'm going to add that now.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base