I suggest you ...

Grouping in Projects dropdown at Dashboard

Hello,

We have several products and each of them have multiple environments (dev, demo, pre-production, production). For each product in each environment we create a separate project so in case of just 4 products the number of projects reches 16. All of them shown in a plain dropdown list on dashboard that is difficult to navigate. Would be really cool if we were able to group the projects one way or another and so the projects are displayed grouped in the dropdown. In Insight we've been using tags for this purpose.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexander Plutalov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been thinking about this as well. I’d like to come up with some sort of elegant solution for the multiple environments thing. One possibility is that we give the ability to specify an environment string in the config and that would basically just add a tag to the errors, then in the admin UI you would be able to filter by tags.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Александр Плуталов commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Well, tags are fine but i was talking about the dropdown itself. If it contains a big number of projects it gets quite difficult to search for the one you need.

And custom grouping is prefered from my POV since in this case i will be able to group projects by, for instance, importance, location, state etc..

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base